Backing Pads For Fibre and Semi Flexable Abrasive Discs
We stock backing pads for fibre sanding discs from 100mm to 180mm. These are also ideal for semi-flexible discs.
These backing pads fit angle grinders and suitable polishers to mount fibre sanding discs and semi-flexible discs. Resin fibre discs are supplied with centre holes through which the backing pad clamp fastens to the machine spindle. The hard pads are ventilated to keep the sanding disc cooler, especially when grinding metal, making them the best choice for coarser grade discs. Select a medium grade for a good general purpose choice. The flexible pads are ideal for use on finer grades where the flexible rim will help avoid gouging and score marks. Please note that the actual diameter of the backer is a few mm smaller than the disc it is specified for in order to minimise edge wear.
- 100mm size has M10 female fixing for use on 100mm (4") angle grinders
- All others have M14 female fixing for use on 115mm (4 1/2") and larger angle grinders.
- Choice of soft, medium and hard base.
- Suitable for angle grinder speeds.
- Soft and medium grades have a smooth disc seating.
- Hard grade has a ribbed seating for ventilation.
- Actual diameter versus disc diameter: 100mm: 92.5mm, 115mm: 107.5mm, 125mm: 117mm, 180mm: 172mm.