Scotch bright Hand pads are made from abrasive fleece and are ideal for hand sanding. Available in several grades for metal, wood and panels.
Hand pads are made from non-woven fleece type abrasive material (scotch bright)and are ideal for handwork on shapes and curves.
Hand pads are ideal for hand sanding. They are especially useful on shapes and curves where conventional abrasives are not flexible enough. Handpads are also much easier on the hands than coated paper and cloth abrasives. Recommended selection:
- General Purpose: These green pads have resin, but not abrasive grain, to give a gentler cleaning and scouring action on most surfaces.
- Super Cut: These are very durable hand pads and fairly coarse cutting. For similar finish a good lower cost option would be Medium S.
- Medium S: This is surprisingly effective on metal, including stainless steel, giving similar results to some 'Coarse A' pads.
- Fine A: Good for smoothing wood and rubbing down old paint prior to painting.
- Very Fine A: A softer handpad, ideal for curves and shapes. Good for sculpture in wood or metal.
- Ultra Fine S: For final rubbing down of fillers or between coatings on multi-layered surface treatments. Equivalent to grade 1000.
- Made from non-woven fleece type material impregnated with selected resin and abrasive grain.
- Highly flexible. Can be folded, cut, stuffed in recesses etc.
- Resistant to loading. The open structure helps avoid clogging up. Shake off dust and continue to use.
- Size: Approx 9in x 6in, 224x158mm.
- 'S' Grades are grey in colour and use silicon carbide abrasive. 'A' grades are maroon and use aluminium oxide abrasive. General purpose pads are green.
- Supplied in packs of 10 pads.
Mixed Set Offer: The mixed set pack includes 20 General Purpose plus 10 each of 4 grades (Medium S, Fine A, Very Fine A, Ultra Fine S), ie 60 hand pads in total.