Performance Tube Sanding Belts - Ceramic
Ceramic is now the best choice for most tube sanding applications especially those involving stainless steel, as they are now available in grades right up to 400. They typically give three times the life of zirconium and a faster sanding rate.
Ceramic abrasive cloth, once only available in coarse grades, is now available right up to grade 400 and is used by Cibo to make superior tube sanding belts that far out-perform both zirconium and aluminium oxide alternatives. Ceramic grain is both exceptionally hard and sharp, which gives it a faster cutting performance as well as longer life. It is thus ideal for most steels, especially stainless. A coating of grinding aids result in cooler running and minimal loading up.
For weld removal, where you might have previously chosen grade 40 zirconium belts, we suggest ceramic grade 60, which will remove metal just as fast, but leave a much finer finish, reducing later work stages.
The belt sizes given suit most popular tube polishers including Finitube (675x40mm), Metabo RBE 12 (760x40mm), EDX E20 (760x40), Fein RS12 (820x40mm) and others.
- Ceramic abrasive grain.
- X-Weight heavy duty backing: grade 60.
- F-weight flexible backing: grades 80-400.
- Top coated with grinding aids for cool running and minimal clogging.
- High quality angled ground, taped and cured joints.
- Sold in packs of 10 belts.
- Grades and sizes not listed may be available on a made-to-order basis. Please enquire.
Also Available: For consistent brushed and satin finishes, surface conditioning belts can be used after grades 120-220.