Spirabands - Zirconium
Spirabands are used on expanding spindle mounted mandrels - useful for internal surfaces and shapes.
These spirabands are designed for stainless steel and hard metal applications as well as mild steel. They use superior zirconium abrasive which gives longer life and faster grinding performance on harder materials. They are just as effective at grinding and shaping awkward areas on other metals such as cast iron, wood and composites (using a lower speed). Also referred to as drum sanding bands, spirabands are used on rubber drum shaped expanding mandrels mounted on a 6mm spindle. They are most commonly used on die-grinders, but are also highly effective on drills.
- Available from 10mm to 51mm diameter enabling easy access combined with good stock removal to recesses and shapes.
- On stainless steel use 40-60 grit for grinding and shaping,
- Use 60 - 80 grit for de-burring, edge dressing and refining.
- Use 120-150 grit for light de-burring work, surface improvement and finishing.
- Zirconium abrasive - suitable for a wide range of materials from wood to stainless steel.
- Use on suitable drum mandrels. We have these in stock.
- Sizes listed as 25mm and 51mm diameter are based on imperial sizes 1" and 2" respectively and fit the 1" and 2" holders.
- Pack quantities 50 or 100 in smaller diameters. Pack of 25 available in sizes 45mm dia and larger.
Also Available: We supply handy spiraband kits with 120 bands in 2 sizes and 3 grades along with mandrels. 60x30mm: We no longer hold this size in stock, but may be able to obtain them - please enquire.